Those who know us in real life know that Max has a "rescue pack" where, like Diego, he carries around his treasures. As two of his most prized possessions, Red Mouse and Green Guy are always stored safely away in the rescue pack when they are not playing and having adventures.
They have become a part of the fabric of our family, the way that a favorite stuffed animal or doll can.
We lost the original Red Mouse at one point, and Max was crushed. Thankfully, the summer before last, Jillian found a Mousetrap game at a yard sale (and purchased it for her little brother with her own money, my little sweetheart). So now Red Mouse lives with us again and we have two Green Guys (though Max can tell you exactly which one is his original).
Max lets Lucy use the second Green Guy and the two of them play Green Guys and Red Mouse daily.
You never know what adventures are going to happen with Red Mouse and Green Guy. To the left, you can see Green Guy in what Max has told me is his Halloween costume. This year he is trick'o'treating as "Crazy Hair Green Guy" :-)
Some worthwhile reads from the past week ...
- Organic Egg Scorecard ::: The Cornucopia Institute
- A Peek at my Holiday Planner(s) ::: By Sun and Candlelight (Dawn's organization is so inspiring to me!)
- 31 Days to More With Less ::: Balancing Beauty and Bedlam (this series has really ramped up my passion about becoming debt free)
- The Wool ::: Brooklyn Tweed (beautiful pictures and very interesting look at the process behind yarn and I love the idea he puts forth about becoming a wool connoisseur just as one might with wine or cheese)
- Stay Healthy This Winter with Real Food ::: Simple Organic (we've already been through one round of colds here at the Rockin' Granola household, so I'll be taking this advice to heart)
Have a great weekend friends!